This is a ten-week paid mentorship offering student nurses a unique opportunity to expand their clinical knowledge, reinforce nursing skills and increase clinical competency in relating theory to practice. You will have access to educational programs and in-services (including EKG classes for those on progressive care units), mentor with experienced Registered Nurses, network with other student nurses and gain individualized experience in an area of interest.
We offer internships in many areas including:
° Adult Oncology
° Medical Unit – Inpatient
° Cardiac Medicine Progressive Care Units
° Psychiatry – Inpatient/Outpatient
° Emergency Department
° Surgical Progressive Care Unit – Inpatient
° Intensive Care Unit
° Surgical Unit – Inpatient
° Medical Progressive Care Unit – Inpatient?
Senior Status in a BSN program as of Fall 2013
3.2 GPA or Higher
Available to work 36-40 hours per week for ten weeks starting June 3 – August 9, 2013.
Hourly Salary: $13 per hour
1. Apply on-line to this posting. Please be thorough and complete.
2. Submit the following documents (MUST be submitted together) by the application deadline:
Two professional/educational letters of recommendation
Copy of current college transcript
One Page Essay (Why Nursing was chosen as a profession and What you hope to gain from the Internship)
All documents must be submitted together and can be e-mailed, mailed or delivered to Recruitment department. (Preferred method is email)
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Attn: Recruitment Team – Student Nurse Internship
Administration Services Building
5305 East Huron River Drive, Suite 1B-55
P.O. Box 995
Ann Arbor, MI 48106-0995
The internship will focus on improving data collection, tracking, and reporting for cost savings and cost avoidance in the Sourcing group and efficient communication to the Masco Corporate Global Sourcing team. In our current condition savings data is collected, tracked, and reported from an excel spreadsheet. Data is then reformatted for communication to the Masco team. The target condition is to create a database where data can be tracked from the idea phase, through evaluation and implementation, and to a completed status, in a manner that correlates through to the P&L. The data should also be tracked according to our actual and forecasted volumes with impact timing measured (both on an annual and calendar basis).
The internship will require interaction with the sourcing team members, operations finance, and Masco Corporate Global Sourcing. The intern can expect to learn the impact of supply chain in the P&L along with the importance of timely and accurate data communication in the business. The ideal candidate will have a supply chain or operations management major with a minor in systems or at least a strong interest and ability in working with data (MS Access or other database tool).
Assist Special Events Coordinator with event rentals held through Michigan's athletic facilities. Responsibilities incorporate customer service, event planning, event coordination, marketing planning, sales meetings, budget tracking, and event team member scheduling
1-2 years customer service experience?Working towards a Bachelor's or Master's Degree?Excellent oral and written communication skills?Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and preferred experience Adobe software?Strong customer service with ability to troubleshoot and handle pressure situations?Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays
The University of Michigan Athletic Department is proud and honored to be recognized as a 2012 Metro Detroit 101 Best & Brightest Place to Work and a 2012 Detroit Free Press Top WorkPlace.
4 month appointment, unpaid
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Do you have a passion for providing exceptional customer service? Are you looking for an internship that will allow you to take your professionalism to a new level? In the Customer Service Internship, you will represent Thomson Reuters to our tax and accounting customers throughout the US. We'll look to you to provide helpful assistance and to education Thomson Reuters' users in an effective, courteous, and prompt fashion over the phone. In this internship, you will improve your customer service and communication skills while working in an upbeat and professional Customer Service department. Our thorough training will give you the tools you need to succeed in this position. Through training, you will learn about our products, services, billing guidelines, licensing and the department's operation environment and resources (email system, intranet, phone system, etc).
After training, you will specifically:
- Help customers renew their Thomson Reuters products by discussing renewal options.
- Promote self-service options and explain web walk throughs to help maximize their usage of Self Service tools.
- Contact new customers to solicit feedback regarding their experiences with Thomson Reuters and our products.
- Discuss customer bills; renewal prorations, finance agreements, support bills, product invoices and general accounts receivable questions.
- Coordinate with other departments to expedite the resolution of any customer concerns.
- Perform Service Reception by routing customers throughout the company, leaving electronic messages and directing inbound faxes
- Assist customers with resolution of account issues and customer concerns.
- Correct addresses in our database, distribute and file reports, etc.
- Encourage team members and build a positive functional team environment.
At Thomson Reuters, we deliver intelligent information quickly and efficiently, so professionals have knowledge to act. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and scientific, healthcare, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
You're a proactive team player that has a desire to help people. You also:
- Are currently pursuing bachelor's degree, a recent college graduate or have 2+ years of recent professional customer service experience
- Have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Can learn, retain, and accurately communicate information to customers.
- Have an upbeat and friendly outlook with a customer service oriented attitude.
- Are proficient in basic computer skills and Microsoft Desktop.
- Have the desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, information-intense, and continuously-changing environment.
- Are willing to work a variety of shifts per week; shift end times range from 5:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
It's a definite plus if you also:
- Are Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Have prior phone experience or professional customer service/support experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 55,000 colleagues in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Michigan Aerospace Corporation is seeking an EE Research Engineer with
5+ years experience in analog and digital parts selection, harnessing
and board design.
* Analog and digital circuit design and PC board layout.
* System integration of custom and commercial hardware for rugged environments.
* Opto-electronic design, build and test.
Experience with PIC microcontroller development, FPGA development, IDL,
Python, C/C++, VB, QT, Multisim, Ultiboard, or Solidworks a plus. In
addition, any background in lasers, optics or opto-electronics is
considered exceptionally valuable. Qualifications must include a BS or
MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering. Applications include
development of laser systems and electrical system integration for
spaceborne, airborne, ground and marine environments. Candidates must
possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and
problem-solving and multi-tasking skills. Applicants selected for this
position will be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must
meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US
Citizenship is required. Current security clearance preferred. Fulltime
position. Location: Ann Arbor, MI.