Attention college juniors and seniors!!!! ProQuest is looking for an intern to join our marketing team at our Ann Arbor, Michigan location. This internship requires a 3 - 6 month commitment working 15 hours per week.
ProQuest creates indispensable research solutions that connect people and information. ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. Key to serious research, the company has forged a 70-year reputation as a gateway to the worlds knowledge from dissertations to governmental and cultural archives to news, in all its forms. Its role is essential to libraries and other organizations whose missions depend on the delivery of complete, trustworthy information. For more information, visit www.proquest.com or the ProQuest parent company Cambridge Information Group.
Do you have a passion for providing exceptional customer service? Are you looking for an internship that will allow you to take your professionalism to a new level? In the Customer Service Internship, you will represent Thomson Reuters to our tax and accounting customers throughout the US. We'll look to you to provide helpful assistance and to education Thomson Reuters' users in an effective, courteous, and prompt fashion over the phone. In this internship, you will improve your customer service and communication skills while working in an upbeat and professional Customer Service department. Our thorough training will give you the tools you need to succeed in this position. Through training, you will learn about our products, services, billing guidelines, licensing and the department's operation environment and resources (email system, intranet, phone system, etc).
After training, you will specifically:
- Help customers renew their Thomson Reuters products by discussing renewal options.
- Promote self-service options and explain web walk throughs to help maximize their usage of Self Service tools.
- Contact new customers to solicit feedback regarding their experiences with Thomson Reuters and our products.
- Discuss customer bills; renewal prorations, finance agreements, support bills, product invoices and general accounts receivable questions.
- Coordinate with other departments to expedite the resolution of any customer concerns.
- Perform Service Reception by routing customers throughout the company, leaving electronic messages and directing inbound faxes
- Assist customers with resolution of account issues and customer concerns.
- Correct addresses in our database, distribute and file reports, etc.
- Encourage team members and build a positive functional team environment.
At Thomson Reuters, we deliver intelligent information quickly and efficiently, so professionals have knowledge to act. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and scientific, healthcare, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
You're a proactive team player that has a desire to help people. You also:
- Are currently pursuing bachelor's degree, a recent college graduate or have 2+ years of recent professional customer service experience
- Have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Can learn, retain, and accurately communicate information to customers.
- Have an upbeat and friendly outlook with a customer service oriented attitude.
- Are proficient in basic computer skills and Microsoft Desktop.
- Have the desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, information-intense, and continuously-changing environment.
- Are willing to work a variety of shifts per week; shift end times range from 5:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
It's a definite plus if you also:
- Are Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Have prior phone experience or professional customer service/support experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 55,000 colleagues in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Design and develop software and embedded hardware applications. Responsible for the application of computer science methods and techniques to store, manipulate, transform, or present information by means of computer systems. Computer science work requires in-depth knowledge of the theoretical foundations of computer science, including computer system and system software organization, the theoretical models for the representation and transformation of information structures, and knowledge of relevant mathematical and statistical sciences.
Has basic understanding of related procedures and techniques.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
0-2 years of experience in Software Engineering or a related technology field