I originally came to America in 2007 when I was offered a job coaching soccer in Long Island, NY. I was there on a short term contract (6months) and once that came to an end I returned back to England. It was at that time that I was offered a job in Michigan through an associate back in Engalnd. My role at the Dexter Soccer Club has developed over the past 4 years from that of a Part Time Club Trainer / Coach into that of a Full Time Director of Youth Development and I am now responsible for the following:
- Individual development of all players within the program from the youngest (3 years old) to the oldest (18 years old).
- Manage and implement age-specific, educational, soccer curriculum for ALL players
- Manage and implement Academy structure for U5 - U7 players
- Ensure smooth transition for families and players making the step from U7 Academy to U8/U9 Travel and Competitive Soccer
- Serve as a Head Coach of a number of the clubs team
- Hire, train and coordinate staff coaches to deliver a consistent program throughout the club.
- Evaluate coaches and players to ensure continued development
I am also the State Director for Michigan for the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA), have experience as a Staff Coach for the Michigan State Youth Soccer Association (MSYSA) and its Olympic Development Program (ODP) and I am a Staff Coach within the Michigan Coerver Performance Academy (Head Coach for U10 Boys).